Antioxidant Moisturizers in Kenya
As much as humans like to feel “skinvincible” (I'm looking at you, I-don't-need-any-skincare-brigade), we aren't.
We have issues like pollution, weather, sun damage, diseases, poor diet, medicines, stress, insomnia etc that can wreck havoc on the skin.
Antioxidants are the ingredients in products that help the skin stay healthy, preventing issues like premature aging.
We need oxygen to live, but in the body, oxygen destroys cells. Antioxidants prevent the oxygen from destroying cells. If you want the scientific details, Futurederm breaks it down here.
There are so many different types of antioxidants in food and skincare. You may already have some in your skincare: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, green tea are common examples.
The great thing about there being so many antioxidants is a lot of skincare has them. So you can easily protect your skin.
The bad thing is because there are so many, there's a lot of misleading marketing. Some brands say the antioxidants “sourced from the roots of this tree in the Amazon" make their product the best of the best.
Not necessarily true. If you want to introduce antioxidants to your routine, here are 5 great antioxidant moisturizers in Kenya:
- Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Lotion. Available at Clinique or Lintons.
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Face Moisturizer. Available at Super Cosmetics.
- Bio Balance Facial Whitening Cream. (Unfortunate name.) Available at Lintons.
- Olay Regenerist Regenerating Lotion. Available in most major beauty stores and pharmacies.
- SebaMed Moisturizing Face Cream. Available in major pharmacies.
Have you tried antioxidant moisturizers yet? Tweet and tell me!