A List of Online Beauty Stores that Ship to Kenya
I recently moved from Uganda to Kenya for "spread-my-wings" purposes. Kenya has a wider beauty brand variety than Uganda, but I still need to keep a list of online beauty stores handy.
A major frustration I have with the African skin care industry is the scarcity of some products. Products like chemical exfoliants and sunscreens for dark skin are so hard to find.
There is no way around it, we have to shop for some skin care online when you live in Africa.
Lucky for us, if you have Mobile money, PayPal, VISA or Mastercard enabled cards, you're set. There’s nothing you cannot shop from anywhere in the world.
9 online beauty stores that ship internationally to Africa
Sometimes, the stars align and you come across online beauty stores that ship to your country. Subscribe to their newsletter, bookmark that site and stay up to date on their deals. It could be worth it!
Online store based in London, UK
Stocks great brands like The Ordinary, Pixi, Hylamide, REN, Korres, The Balm, The Chemistry Brand, this works
Examples of products ASOS have that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: Pixi Glow Tonic
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: The Ordinary Advanced Retinol
- Moisturize dry skin: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
Online beauty store based in Oregon, USA
Stocks great brands like Drunk Elephant, by terry, Paula’s Choice, African Botanics, Bioderma, First Aid Beauty
Examples of products b-glowing have that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Gel Exfoliant
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid +Retinol Brightening Solution
- Moisturize dry skin: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer
If you have a MyUS account, you’re in luck! b-glowing and MyUS have a partnership.
This means when you shop at b-glowing, you can have the purchases sent to a US address. MyUs will then ship to you! You can sign up for a MyUS account here.
Online beauty store based in New Jersey, USA
Stocks great brands like AHAVA, Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy, REN, Pixi
Examples of products Beauty Bridge have that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: MD Formulations Benzoyl Peroxide 10
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: REN Glow and Go Kit
- Moisturize dry skin: Bioderma Rich Soothing Cream
Online beauty store based in Cardiff, UK
Stocks great brands like Avene, Clarins, Bioderma, DHC, Elizabeth Arden, NIOD, Ole Henriksen
Examples of products Escentual have that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: Bioderma Brightening Serum
- Moisturize dry skin: DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture
Online beauty store based in California, USA
Stocks great brands like: Derma E. Azelique, Cerave, Mad Hippie, Alpha Skin Care, Alba Botanica, Banila Co, Dr. Jart+
Examples of products iHerb has that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: Azelique Charcoal and Clay Mask
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
- Moisturize dry skin: Cerave PM Moisturizing Lotion
iHerb is popular for natural products.
Online beauty store based in New York, USA
Stocks great brands like Kiehl's, Bliss, Tata Harper, Skinceuticals, Dr.Dennis Gross, Eve Lom
Examples of products Kiss and Makeup has that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: Rodial Super Acid Pore Shrink Pads
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: Skinceuticals Exfoliating Antioxidant Treatment
- Moisturize dry skin: Rodial Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Night Cream
Online beauty store based in the UK.
Stocks great brands like Alpha-H, Avene, Decleor, Jurlique, La Roche-Posay, Caudalie, NUXE, Clinique, REN, Murad, Dermalogica, Vichy
Products Look Fantastic has that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: First Aid Beauty Blemish Patrol Pads
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: Hylamide C25 Booster
- Moisturize dry skin: Caudalie VinoSource Moisturising Sorbet
Online beauty store based in South Korea
Stocks great brands like COSRX, Mizon, Sulwashoo, su:m37, OST, Too Cool for School
Examples of products Jolse has that
- Treat acne and reduce oiliness: COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Clear dark spots and uneven skin tone: OST C20 Vitamin C Serum
- Moisturize dry skin: COSRX Nourishing Rice Mask
Jolse is a Korean beauty store that offers FREE worldwide shipping! Well, not free exactly, the shipping is added to the price of the products, but still! FREE!
The store also sends plenty of samples with your purchases. It's been my only Asian beauty shopping destination for the past 2 years.
Online beauty store based in London, UK
Stocks great brands like Tata Harper, Sunday Riley, Omorovicza, Zelens, Sisley
Examples of products Space NK has that
Online Shopping Services that Deliver Skin Care to Kenya
Online shopping service providers can shop on your behalf or provide an address to which you ship the goods. They then ship the goods to Kenya and deliver them to you.
There are many online shipping companies that cater to the Kenyan market. Some include:
When selecting a service to use, choose one that quotes a price that covers everything up front. There is nothing worse than dealing with hidden costs.
Tips for Shopping Skin Care Online
- Check product reviews before shopping. Go to sites like Reddit and MakeUpAlley to make sure the product is a good fit for you.
- Use your debit or credit card wisely. Dedicate one card to your online purchases like the *I&M Safari card. Use a card that isn’t linked to your bank account. Load these cards only when you are going to shop. Better yet, use Paypal or Mpesa if your online service provider allows.
Barclays Kenya also has a multicurrency prepaid VISA enabled card. I find it more expensive than the I&M Safari card, but you can find out more about it here or at a Barclays branch.
- Consolidate your purchases. Girl. Don’t be buying and sending stuff every week unless you are running a skin care business. Those charges add up. Monthly or even quarterly hauls will save you a lot of money. Online shopping service providers are great for consolidation.
- Factor in the delivery time. It can take a while to receive your purchases. If the company you are using is worth its salt, it shouldn’t take longer than a month. Plan your skincare routine, especially if you have a special event like a wedding coming up.
Now that you have the information, go forth and shop (responsibly, obvs)!
Online beauty stores are many but we all lean toward a few. What is your favorite? Let us know in the comments so we can check them out for our next beauty haul!
This post contains affiliate links. This means when you make a purchase through some of the links, Skincerely Clare may get a commission. Thank you for supporting us.You can read our full disclaimer here.